Do you have, or know of, a special horse who could make a difference? A horse who would be respected, cared for, and valued as an adaptive riding horse!
- Age: 7-17 years old
- Height: 14 to 16 hands
- Comfortable to walk, trot/job and canter/lope (any discipline)
- Beginner level, and nonreactive
- Sound mind and body with little to no maintenance
- Stands patiently for grooming, mounting and dismounting
- Enjoys indoor arena work and also going outside on trails
- Leads well with or without a rider aboard
- We will send you monthly updates about your horse and you are welcome to schedule a visit with your horse
- Daily care with a farm manager who lives on site and monitors physical and mental well-being of each horse
- Routine vet and farrier care
- Equine massage, chiropractic and Bemer sessions as needed
- Horses live outside in small herds in paddocks/pastures that fit individual needs
- Each horse has a dedicated stall in a temperature controlled barn
- Stalled before classes, for care needs or in inclement weather
- Main Stay is a 501(c)3 organization and your donation is tax deductible!
Training & Temperament Questions
Would You Allow a Beginner Rider on your Horse in an Indoor Arena Setting?
Able to Walk-Trot-Canter Easily (and stay sound)?
Is this horse quiet and well behaved when:
Riding in an Indoor Arena?
Does this horse safely:
Could you provide transportation?
Could you allow a trial of 30 days or longer?
Are you interested in underwriting any expenses for this horse during the trial period or (potentially) while this horse is on our staff?
If "Yes" or "Some of them" please clarify
Are you interested in your horse returning back to you when he/she is ready for retirement from our program?
I certify that I have truthfully answered the provided questions to the best of my knowledge.
(Remember- our therapy horses work with riders with special needs, it is vitally important that we know about their "quirks" before they pop up in our program!)