Strengthening Mind & Body
Main Stay accomplishes its mission through our adaptive riding and animal assisted learning programs. Main Stay welcomes each person who comes through our doors. The farm is a place where everyone belongs and is celebrated for who they are and how they would like to grow. Connecting humans, horses, animals and nature creates the foundation for powerful growth opportunities.
Opportunities to strengthen mind and body abound for individuals facing physical, developmental, emotional and social challenges, including:
- Physical strengthening through adaptive riding
- Community building through peer and life skills mentorship
- Social and emotional skill development through interactions with animals in a herd/community
- Enrichment activities for early childhood-senior populations
- Encourages and nurtures empathetic behaviors